Nuffnang's Ad

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Paddington House of Pancakes (PHOP) - 2nd visit

A friend of mine came over to KL for bussiness trip earlier and he is asking me for a recommendation of food. He wanted something special and somewhere nearby Damansara, immediately I thought of this Paddington House of Pancakes. It's one of my favourite restaurant around the area, so I brought him over to let him experience the huge variety of pancakes dishes in the town. Probably one of the good place to date as well, so off we go again. This is my 2nd post, I promise to introduce you more type of dish in this place, right?



We visited the branch in The Curve and the place is basically the same as when I came earlier. It's still nicely decorated, no sign of run-down but a little empty on diners count. Anyway, that's how I love it as well. An enjoyable quiet dinner so I can have a catch-up with my friend.



Running through the menu, I did some recommendations to my friend but in fact myself also searching for something different to try out =P The Mexican Double Burger caught my eyes with their double beef patties! I'm craving for meat that night, so I took it up. While my friend ordered something funny, called Lurcerne. Wondering how he ended up with that choice. Let's see...


This is mine, the Mexican Double Burger priced at RM31.50. The burger is basically served with double beef patties and finished up with 3 pancakes on different layers. They have pineapple and salad in the burger as well, it's real good. The beef patties are juicy, and delicious. Once you started knifing it, the juice will start to flow out and when it mix up with the cheese and pancake, it's heaven like! I particularly enjoy this meal, a good balance of vegetables (for me, at least) fries and a huge serving of meat with my favourite pancakes. Double thumbs up for this, but not for faint hearted individual. The beef is real big!


The best part of the dish is the cheese and pineapple that they put in. Forget about the pancakes and beef patties because I've already done explaining how good are those. But the twist come from the cheese and pipeapple. I always love cheese with meat because it's so delicious! The pipeapple taste compliment the entire experience nicely, and every bite with the bit of beef, pancakes, cheese and pineapple is what drive me crazy! Maybe that's just me =) The sauce they served is too little and it's superlicious with the pancakes. I got myself another one, free.


Ok, now my friend's order of weird Lucerne priced at RM22.50. The menu described this as grilled mixed seafood served with morzzarella, garlic, tomato, and lemon wrapped in PHOP galette. I asked him what's that? Then he show me this.


Open up the PHOP galette, it's a piece of ... sauce. Quite messy, but it's filled with seafood. I'm not sure what's inside because it's his food anyway. I tried out some and the taste is actually not bad. The galette is basically tasteless and the sauce is too much. Trying some is good, but if you ask me to finish up the plate, I dont think so. Anyway, my friend said it's good. Something special maybe.



Alright, that's my 2nd post on Paddington House of Pancakes, and I still loving it. There are hundreds of choice inside this place so I will just keep coming back to try everything, I hope =) The whole dinner cost both of us a sum of RM63.25 including the 10% service tax. Another surprice, I just realise that PHOP don't have government tax, a saving again. Whee ...

Check out my 1st post here.
http://1simpleplan.blogspot.com/2010/07/paddington-house-of-pancakes-phop.html

Paddington House of Pancakes
Unit 142 & 143
1st Floor The Curve
6 Jalan PJU 7/3
Mutiara Damansara
47800 Petaling Jaya
Tel: +603 7726 2382
Website: http://www.paddingtonpancakes.com/
Location Coordinate: N3 09.435 E101 36.647

No comments:

Post a Comment