Nuffnang's Ad

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Madam Kwan's Restaurant

Being around in Malaysia meaning we are expose to lots of food, and one of the local Nasi Lemak is all time favourite. My post earlier of Senibong Nasi Lemak is too far? Then don't look any further, go to the nearest franchise of Madam Kwan's Restaurant.

I'm sure lots of people know the famous Nasi Lemak from Madam Kwan, it's one of their in-house specialty which is well known to all. The Nasi Lemak name is even printed on their signboard up front below.


I visited the branch out at Mid Valley when we are shopping running shoes. It's located at the central court just right at the back nearby the escalators. It's early in the morning, but you can see that the place is already packed with people! That's true Malaysian enjoying their Nasi Lemak early in the morning for breakfast or brumch, to be more exact.


Being a restaurant, there are lots of choice in Madam Kwan. It's not exactly a cheap place for food in Malaysia, but some of it is really good. I'm not that rich to savour Madam Kwan everytime, so I've only try out their Nasi Lemak and another specialy, the Curry Fish Head. It's fabulous as well. I passed on the rest because I can find something similar out there for much cheaper price. Maybe later when I got a big pay cheque =)


When waiting for our food, we do some candid shots. If you noticed, I tweaked the setting again this time, causing a twist of orange shadow at the back. The place is quite dark, I set the metering to spot to give my face a good lift while over exposing the background. It's still bad, I'm still working on the best setting.


Wanting to try something different this time, I ordered the Curry Laksa Mee priced at RM12.90. The bowl is big, the curry laksa is gravy thick and creamy. It looks very red & spicy, but it's not very bad. It's a little spcicy but not something that will make you sweat. The curry laksa gravy is addictive, you basically can't stop when start eating it. It's one of the best curry laksa mee in town, except the one from Ipoh =) If you have a bigger crowd, try out the Curry Fish Head, heaven like. Or else, stick to Curry Laksa Mee like me.

Note: the mint leaf is good, if you don't eat it, stick it into the soup and take it out after that. It does give some extra spice up the gravy.


The Madam Kwan's specialty Nasi Lemak priced at RM14.90. Sorry, the colour looks bad. Fragnant nasi lemak served with curry chicken, sambal ikan bilis, dried shrimp floss, and hard boiled egg. When lots of people said the Nasi Lemak in Madam Kwan is good, then it must be really good, earning the reputation.

The rice is very very delicious, and exceptional sambal ikan bilis and curry chicken. The sambal and curry is very good, complement nicely with the rice. The most special spice-on is the dried shrimp floss that's served together. Adding it into every spoon into your mouth boost up the sensation. Hard to describe, try it out yourself. I love it.

Everything is good, but in comparison with Senibong Nasi Lemak, it's different. Let's say Senibong Nasi Lemak is the kampung version of best Nasi Lemak, and the Madam Kwan served the KL style or premium Nasi Lemak in town. It's different, but a good credit to Senibong for being able to match the expensive Madam Kwan's quality.


Acar (Nyonya styled salad) that's served together with the Nasi Lemak and sambal for the Curry Laksa Mee. The sambal is good, I finished the whole thing with my curry laksa.


She always eat very slow, small mouth but big eyes. Took a candid shot when she finishing up my bowl of curry laksa. We always share our foods, that way we can enjoy more of each other's life =)


Glass of water is free flow. Truely generous for a premium restaurant that served spicy food. Normally they charge up on drinks to make you pay, consider a tax to make their food price attractive, but not Madam Kwan!


Madam Kwan is local franchise brand and it's spreading out 5 branches across famous shopping mall around Kuala Lumpur.

Overall, the dining experience in Madam Kwan's Restaurant has been exceptional to me. It has never failed to tickle my food sensation everytime I eat there. It's not a place that I eat everyday, mainly because of the expensive price tag, but no doubt it's the best in town. I consider this as premium food, although it only cost me less than 40 bucks for the lunch.

The Nasi Lemak is best and the Curry Laksa Mee is good as well. Double thumbs up to the quality of food and ambience. It's one of the place that I will bring my overseas friend for Malaysian food, where else can you go for a truly premium Malaysian dining experience? Cheers.

Madam Kwan's Restaurant
Opening Time: 10.00am till 10.00pm
Branch Outlet: Suria KLCC, Pavilion, Bangsar, Midvalley Mega Mall, and Empire Subang.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Madam-Kwans/114374851369

No comments:

Post a Comment