Nuffnang's Ad

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Soon Fatt Restaurant @ Ipoh

More Ipoh food to come and this time I'm going to show you the best fried noodles. This tiny shoplot named Soon Fatt Restaurant is opened before my dad is born and my grandfather love to eat here. Then my dad has been eating here since he is very very young until now he brought his children around. If the shop is still open later, I will also bring my children to eat here, the food is good and importantly, that's part of Ipoh Heritage.



What's very impressive is that the food taste exactly same as 50 years ago when my dad ate it. Till today, it's still very good and nice. I'm trying to make it a habit to eat there everything I go back Ipoh, just a very homey feeling I'm experiencing. Let's go to food.



There is only one thing you need to order here. The fried bihun mee. That's it, that's what my grandfather ordered, and that's what I ordered. It's hard to explain, but you got to try it and tell me. The bihun and mee is different, much thinner and smoother, the sauce is crazily heaven like, and those little ingredients within just complete the plate.


This is how the shop looks like, and again, this is how it looks like 50 years ago. If you are visiting it, take a good look at the cabling, switches, clock, the sign, fridge, mirror and etc. Surprising the fan is still turning.


Other than the fried bihun mee, we love their egg tart and dim sum as well, especially the chicken wrapped with bean curd skin or called "kei chak". Try that as well.

Well, this is one of the oldest and nicest restaurant I know that still existed. It's pure heritage thing and I'm not sure if anywhere else can match this. Special recommendation and it only open for dinner till night.

Soon Fatt Restaurant
32 Jalan Dato Onn Jaafar
30300 Ipoh, Perak
Tel: 05-241 6674
Location Coordinate: N4 35.706 E101 04.962

No comments:

Post a Comment