Nuffnang's Ad

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Tung Lok Hin Restaurant - Bak Kut Teh @ Ipoh

This is one of the long overdue post, but definitely something not to miss for all my readers. Food, and back to Ipoh again. Ipoh is really packed with nice food everywhere.

We are looking for some meaty breakfast, so opted for Bak Kut Teh, but the original shop we frequented , Soon Lee Bak Kut Teh, was closed for the day. We ended up in this restaurant just a street away. It looks good, packed and the aroma of the meat is pulling us in to grab a table.


Tung Lok Hin Restaurant that sell only Bak Kut Teh in the morning. Can you see the people standing around the shop waiting for seats? Don't let the shop bad appearance drive you away.


Time for some food photos. Relatives came down for my 2nd sister wedding, so we ordered quite a lot for 10 persons. Enjoy the photos ...


Original Bak Kut Teh Claypot with Pai Kut & 3 Layer-Meat


Bak Kut Teh Claypot with Additional Golden Needle Mushroom and Tau Pok


Not sure what's this (dad ordered), but something like dried bak kut teh with little kung poh style.


Golden Yam Rice. This is purely camera quality issue ok. The real stuff doesn't looks this good la, but the food quality is a thumb up!


Some vegetables to compliment the meaty meal.


Yau Char Kuey. My favourite but trying to cut down because it's fatty =P


Standard garlic and chili padi to go with the soy sauce. That's my wife's hand, a glimpse on the small little diamond ring I bought her for the wedding. I know it's small, trying very hard ok ...

Overall, this is one of the best Bak Kut Teh I've even eaten. I've been working in Klang for almost 3 years and I consumed almost weekly if not daily with Klang Bak Kut Teh. But this one in Ipoh is heavenly good. A different style, I would say, and it's definitely a double thumbs up for me. Definitely will recommend it to all my friends visiting me in Ipoh, only thing it's very heavy breakfast and meaty. So it's not something I will eat very often, but nonetheless, I will still be back.

I don't know how much it cost because it's under Dad's expense =) hehe, that's why it's nice to be home.

Tung Lok Hin Restaurant @ Ipoh
Location Coordinate: N4 35.072 E101 04.862

No comments:

Post a Comment