Nuffnang's Ad

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

LYJ Restaurant, Poon Choi @ Sungai Buloh

My life is so busy nowadays with so many things coming up at the same time. It's a blessing to there are many things to look forward to everyday. Exhaustive but it's happy thing.

Today I'm going to post up a long due food post on a very special restaurant called LYJ Restaurant. LYJ a short form of the restaurant name in chinse, called Lee Yong Jee, I think. The owner of the place is Mr. Lee, so I think it must be a family bussinesss. It's located is the middle of the Sungai Buloh Industrial place and you will be surprise with what they can offer.


LYJ Restaurant got around 4-5 shop lots along the road and parking is very difficult. Just find a roadside slot and rest your car keeping finger cross hoping no one scratch it. No choice, there is no alternative.


The interior of the restaurant, a very chinese style decorated place and the Tang Lung is there because I went there on Chinese New Year. Yes, this post is almost 8 months delayed. Sorry, but I can assure you it's worth the wait.

A good friend of mine actually a big fan of this restaurant and since it's a Chinese New Year celebration, he suggested to eat in this restaurant, ordering the signature dish that's award winning. I raised both hands to support his suggestion immediately! Let's see.


First to come is of course the Yu Sheng for prosperity in Chinese tradition. If you are following my blog, you will notice that this is the 2nd Yu Sheng for Year 2011, and it's the same group of friends! We are all cows =)


As we are munching our way on the Yu Sheng, the waitress served multiple type of sauces for the upcoming surprise. Yummy.


A good plate of vegetables to compliment the upcoming heavy meal. Notice the raw vegetables in the background? It's meant for wrapping for the upcoming dish, read on.


And finally the award winning dish is revealed. LYJ is very famous for a single dish, that's Poon Choi. It's a traditional dish origin from Hong Kong that consists of lots of food within the same pot. A quick check on the Wikipedia show that it's also known as Big Bowl Feast, that's funny name =) But you get the meaning.


A good view of the pot and this is only the top part of the pot. The whole pot is filled with ingredients ranging from Abalones, Prawns, Scallops, Duck, Chicken, Pork, Sea Cucumber, Fish, Lamb, Beef, Fish Maw, Crab, Mushroom, Fishballs, Squids, Pigskin, Beancurd, Eggs and many more!! I coudlnt even finish the list, crazy pot and yes as I said, we are cows!


The pot is so big and I have to turn the table to show you the other half of the pot to revealed what else you can expect. LYJ is so famous for this Poon Choi and if you want to have it, you will need to call them to make a booking at least a day in advance. This pot alone I think can easily feed 15 people and with the add-on of scallops & abalones, the pot is over RM500. Expensive? Its meant for 15 people, and I salute you if you can finish it even with 15 people. Considering the stuff they are putting in, I think the price is ok.


A zoom in view of the big prawn and abalones. It's crazy delicious.


And of course my favourite of all times, fish maw. I think I walloped every single piece of fish maw in the entire pot! Yea, I love fish maw that much. I can eat nonstop.


This is a little gross, but there are still so many foods at the bottom of the pot, so I need to snap another one to show you guys what's else down there. We basically couldnt finish it with a strong team of 8 persons. Yea, thinking we are cows, we are crazy enough to only bring 8 persons for a 15 persons Poon Choi!


Now here are some proof of the award winning dish that's so famous in LYJ. If you notice some figure in the photograh, the chef in LYJ is actually the champion in this dish in Hong Kong with some renowed figure photograph on the wall. I think some people will think the Poon Choi here is nothing special, but then my saying is always this, find me a better one. I'm always open for good food =)

Usual closing, good food no need much review. You just have to try it to understand why it's a award winning dish. I love it and I think it deserves the gold medal. If you ask me, I think this is by far the best Poon Choi I've ever eaten. There are lots of Poon Choi out there, but it's not as complex and not as good as this. There are also lots of other good food in LYJ, I will post it up later. Now I'm hungry, got to call my friends for another round maybe.

LYJ Restaurant
PT 11, Jalan Perkhidmatan
Kampung Baru
47000 Sungai Buloh
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03 6140 2678, 019-350 8621 (Paul Lee)
Opening Time: 11.30am to 2.30pm, 6.00pm to 10pm. Closed on Monday nights and during CNY.
Location Coordinate: N3 11.709 E101 34.188

No comments:

Post a Comment