Nuffnang's Ad

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Android Dominates the World Market Share

With the announcement from Apple for the possible new release of the iPhone 5 on 4th October, my friends are asking me if they should get the iPhone 5 or the Android device, which is basically the famous Samsung Galaxy S2. With their mind of Apple domination in the smartphone market, I feel responsible to educate them that Android has already surpassed Apple iOS market share since last year and at current time, Android has almost double the amount of users in the world in comparison to Apple iOS users. Possible Malaysia might have more iPhone users as everyone seems to be using iPhone, I'm not sure, but statistics in the world show otherwise.

















The chart above is copied from PC World, Android OS dominated 50% of the world wide market share of smartphone and the report is dated 16 April 2011.

However, of course not every Android users are using Samsung Galaxy S2 but the reason for big domination is very simple. Android device is cheaper to own and there are lots of varieties to suit people needs. While iPhone manage to gain 25% market share with just a single device, and that's very impressive. Question to which one to buy, it's all to preference in my opinion. If you want open source operating system, customisation, and freedom, nothing beats Android. iPhone benefits from better built, controlled system with intergrated hardware & software to give best experience.

No brainer, as I'm sure everyone would like to try both. So my advice is, go buy the iPhone and change to Android later. Or if you own either one, switch so you know the best of both worlds. As a current iPhone 4 user, I will be 100% changing to Android for my next gear, as I'm getting very boring with the iOS system now. People don't call it as Jailbreak for no reason. It's interesting to see how Windows Mobile 7 fare in coming time.

No comments:

Post a Comment