Nuffnang's Ad

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Auntie Lora Kopitiam - Asam Laksa @ Cheras

After almost a month of my friend's wedding, I've finally have time to meet them up to pass them my photography works. They are kind enough to treat me and my wife some special breakfast in Cheras. Asam Laksa and Prawn Mee at Auntie Lora Kopitiam. This shop is located around the shop area next to Cheras Leisure Mall, GPS coordinate at the bottom of the page.


The shop view. That's a big prawn they hang there. Earlier duck hanging, now prawn hanging. Trendy?


How the shop looks like from inside. It's still quite pack-up when we got there around 11.00am. Not really a breakfast, but brunch. The smell of the Asam Laksa filled the whole shop and you will immediately feel the sensation of sliver swallowing experience =)


My wife ordered the Asam Laksa. There is a generous portion of fish in the bowl, a little surprise as I only normally see this from Penang Asam Laksa. Kinda 1st in KL. The taste is good, not too spicy for you to cry for water or any kind, or not too sour as well. It's a balance taste bowl of Asam Laksa. However, I still prefer the Asam Laksa selling at Jusco, Midvalley. Overall, recommended!


I opted something different and ordered the Prawn Mee. There is only 2 choice anyway. The soup is clear and I would say a healthy taste, meaning not too tasty comparing to other shop. The ingredients is fresh especially the prawn. So-so, go for the Asam Laksa if you are alone.


Initially I ordered Neslo (Nescafe + Milo) but they don't have Nescafe! What the ... Then they told me that Kopi is available, asking me how about Kolo (Kopi + Milo). I went like ... ... ... Nevermind the combination, but the name is funny enough for me to order the usual Teh Ais.


As we finished and move our way out, only I noticed this on the wall. Wow, quite a lot of celebrity up there with compliments and drawings. Normally most shop would only have photos with celebrity, but a poem like from celebrity? Kinda new to me. Can't hold to snap this for you guys.

For Asam Laksa lover, I think this shop must be in your list. But if I'm craving for some Asam Laksa, I will go to Midvalley. Nearer to my house also, hopefully they don't shut it down.

Auntie Lora Kopitiam @ Cheras
Location Coordinate: N3 05.364 E101 44.565

1 comment:

JoinMe said...

Hi KVINLIM,
Kindly be informed that this post has been reprinted on JoinMe.com.my, thanks. ^^
P/S: We have put your name and link credit back to this article.

Post a Comment