Nuffnang's Ad

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hai Peng Kopitiam

I went to Kemaman, Terengganu yesterday for a day work trip and a friend of mine once told me that KL people that passing by the town will never miss a sip of local famous kopi at Hai Peng Kopitiam. Myself as Ipoh guy is a bit surprise to hear that there are other famous kopi around in Malaysia other than the Ipoh Old Town White Coffee.

So I made a stop at Hai Peng Kopitiam and tried out their Iced Kopi & Iced Tea, it is indeed very good! The kopi is a little stronger than the old town white coffee and it is definitely better than any coffee in Malaysia. However, I find it amusing that they are serving their cold drinks in ready-made plastic cup. It looks like a modernised bussiness man mindset, and I think most people will also still prefer the traditional culture feel of enjoying their kopi. However, still a double-thumbs up for their superb kopi quality, and as my friend said, I will definitely be visiting it again if I am in Kemaman.


Hai Peng Kopitiam is actually located in Chukai Town within the Kemaman district, but even local called the town as Kemaman, probably because Chukai is the biggest town in Kemaman.
Location Coordinate: N4 14.076, E103 25.323

No comments:

Post a Comment