Nuffnang's Ad

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Yuzu Japanese Restaurant @ The Gardens

Long overdue post. I just found back the receipt and putting in the final piece of puzzle for this post. It's actually a little celebration for my wife on her birthday. We decided to go for the Avatar movie in the GSC Signature at The Gardens Midvalley and have a good dinner as well.

After collected our tickets, we walk around and has strong desire for Japanese Food. So we go hunting at directory board and notice this particular shop, named Yuzu Japanese Restaurant. We visit Midvalley very frequent but never notice existence of this shop, funny. It's not something that we going to miss, so we take a peek of the restaurant. Nice setting and decided to give it a try.


A simple setting of the Yuzu tabletop with fire grill in the middle that's covered.


My wife, busy tapping her HTC, obviously still working on her birthday. Sigh, got to work harder so she can relax.


We ordered the Sashimi Gozen at RM48.00 for sharing. It's a very generous set and I estimated this particular set will easily cost RM70-80 if you order separately. It come with 5 types of shashimi, Matsutake Dobin Mushi, chawan mushi, white rice, marinated fried fish, other appetizers and fruit.


The shashimi that come with the set is very good. I never expect that we missed out this jewel in our japanese food venture earlier. The texture of the shashimi when served is just in the right temperature and sipping it into the wasabi provided is heaven like. The particular prawn is incredible as well. Try it to find out, I can't put it into words!


We ordered also the Salmon Kabuto Yaki at RM16.00. Needless to explain, it's good and a generous portion as well. It's definitely one of the highest quality of Salmon Kabuto Yaki that I've tried.


Having a bigger stomach, I add in the Salmon Skin Temaki at RM6.00 for myself. It's a little pricy comparing to other restaurant but it's good stuff.


We ordered also the Ebi Tempura at RM25.00. It's not one of the best ebi tempura around, but good enough for my tastebud. Possibly I will not order this in my next visit because the serving is a little small and they mix it with other tempura.


We wanted to throw in some meat, so we ordered the Wagyu Isshiyaki at RM55.00. Yuzu has the whole range of Wagyu from the cheapest of RM30 till RM500. This particular cheap version taste very good but don't expect it to be the same as the normal Wagyu that you paid RM200-300 outside. I should probably try out the more expensive version and let you know.


Free flow of green tea in the house.

The total bill come up to RM172.50 including 5% tax and 10% service charges. I would say it's a very reasonably price restaurant with good quality food. I would prefer to have fewer good dining like this, rather than spending RM40-50 on other cheap / fast japanese shop.

Overall, a very good japanese restaurant that I would recommend to everyone. Thumbs up and try it out. Let me know you rating after that so we can share. Cheers.

Yuzu Japanese Restaurant
T236, 3rd Floor, The Garden Mid Valley City,
Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-2284 7663 / 03-2284 7763
Location Coordinate: N3 07.172 E101 40.582

1 comment:

JoinMe said...

Hi KVINLIM,
Kindly be informed that this post has been reprinted on JoinMe.com.my, thanks. ^^
P/S: We have put your name and link credit back to this article.

Post a Comment