Nuffnang's Ad

Friday, December 4, 2009

Loi Fatt Claypot Yee Mee @ Ipoh

Got lots of long overdue post that's hanging in my draft box, too busy to complete it. Anyway, I went back to hometown last weekend and my dad told me there is this BEST Claypot Yee Mee in town, saying I must try. I love yee mee since I'm in high school and am always in search for the better one wherever I go. So off we go to try it out at Loi Fatt Restaurant in Ipoh for breakfast.


Loi Fatt Restaurant is fully packed when we got there. 90% of the crowd is consuming Claypot Yee Mee, what a sight.


That's the shop that selling the best Claypot Yee Mee. The owner is a little arrogant and ignorance, so just order loudly to make sure she heard you and sit down. If the chopsticks set follow, then you are fine, or else go do it again. Notice all famous food place also like that, is it because they are too busy, or arrogant being the best?


My mum strongly suggested the coffee and I give it a try. It's superb! What Old Town White Coffee? What Hai Peng Coffee? This little shop here kick all their asses! The taste is so strong but yet tasting so aromatic as it melt in your mouth. Nice!


Finally the Claypot Yee Mee is here. Ok, one funny thing here. The yee mee is fried and crunchy, totally different from others. That my friend, is their secret ingredients. It instantly soften into the soup that taste good, but not the best yee mee soup I've eaten. Plenty of porks and chicken meats in it and it taste good together. Even the porks and chickens are marinated, imagine that.

My dad told me that the owner are willing to teach people on their secret recipe, with a fees of over RM10,000. Instant expert for those that wanted to open a Claypot Yee Mee store. Bring it to KL, definitely crowded also. After we finish, my mum buy just the yee mee from the shop for me to bring over to KL, will try home cook and let you guys know how it taste =)


Then we ordered another plate of Fried Kuay Teow, recommended by my dad also. His favourite! I can't believe it when I saw the size of the prawn! It's even more unbelievable when I sunk my teeth into it. Crazy crispy and super fresh. There is generous 6 pieces of them! I crazily finished up 3 and pass the remaining to my wife =P Guess how much is this plate? The normal set of Fried Kuay Teow is RM3.00. This plate cost RM6.00, jaw dropping? But hold on a minute, the prawn given is worth much more and that RM3.00 extra is small amount. Trust me, just give it a try.

Ipoh is just full of nice foods, can't believe I found 3 gems in this restaurant alone that's located outskirt of Ipoh town, to be exact, nearby Menglembu. As usual, here go the GPS coordinate and a triple thumbs up for those foods!!

Loi Fatt Claypot Yee Mee @ Ipoh
Location Coordinate: N4 34.741 E101 02.977
Note: the location coordinate provided is approximate area only, I will pinpoint the exact location and update accordingly later.

No comments:

Post a Comment