Nuffnang's Ad

Monday, August 6, 2012

Antipodean @ Bangsar

One fine day, suddenly I'm craving for a big breakfast, and the usual route to McDonald seems routine and I'm longing for something different. Remember my sister and friends told me about this big breakfast place named Antipodean in Bangsar, I decided to bring my wife over for a leisure morning.

Antipodean Coffee-Cafe-Culture, located along the shoplots in the famous Bangsar clubbing area, corner shop with a good black and white colour scheme and lots of windows.

As you step into the cafe, you will be greeted by some sleek dark brown tables & chairs arranged closely to each other. The menu are drawn over the wall along the restaurant, but it's not fun for me as I'm facing the window, where I will need to twist my body half way to read it.

On each dark brown table, the usual decoration is neatly placed. A bottle of salt, sugar, pepper and flowers. It's a simple set-up, but somehow manage to make me think the place is well managed.

We got ourselves a cup of hot Latte that's priced at RM9.00, and it''s all good. Great Latte to kick-start the beautiful day. It's served without sugar, so do your own flavouring.

Then we order up the famous Big Breakfast with Bacon for RM19.00.  The serving is huge and it's definitely for something that's looking forward to a big breakfast! We knew it's going to be huge, so we share the portion, and it's just nice for both of us. My wife walloped all the bacon though :P

Again, the eggs are served plain, so own flavouring is necessary, I threw in a good amount of pepper and salts and it's yummilicious! The mushroom is crazy delicious with it's sauces, and the bacon is god like.

Some will complain the food served are normal and it's very pricy in comparison on the ingredients, but then it depends on what you are looking for. Quality of food is normally very hard to distinguish unless by a food expert, but I do feel the different of this platter from the usual McDonald's quality. The whole breakfast ended up with a sum of RM30.80 including a 10% service charge. I think it's pricy, but then I recommend the experience to everyone else. One thing for sure is, if I'm rich, I'm so willing to eat this everyday! Then my wife told me that she will get the maid to prepare for me, not much luck, hehe.

I heard they are particular famous for Merdeka Coffee, and some are super expensive up to RM40. Coffee lover might want to try them out.

Antipodean Cafe
No.20 Jalan Telawi 2
Bangsar
59100 KL
Tel/Fax: +603 2282 0411
Location Coordinate: N3°7'55.13" E101°40'18.58"
Opening Hours: 8am - 10pm daily

No comments:

Post a Comment