Nuffnang's Ad

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hoya UV Filter

I've finally got the Hoya UV filter for my AF Nikkor 50mm 1.8D lens. Lens filter are very important, which I made a mistake in delaying the purchase for almost a month. Luckily I haven't done anything funny to make me regret it badly. Wondering what I'm thinking earlier.

For all dSLR out there, please buy the filter for all your lens when you buy it. Minimum shall be UV filter that you can leave it on without removing it to ensure 100% protection. The advantages are 3 folds, improve clarity, improve colour balance and extremely important protection to the front optic of your lens. Other filters do have special effects on the photos, like polarising or colour filter, but minimum general UV filter is compulsary.

I have not study all the brand and the differences but recommendation from my sifus out there is Hoya brand. I've got the Hoya UV filter for both my lens now. It's very cheap and crystal clear filter, so no reason for you to skip it when you are getting a few hundreds / thousands ringgit lens.



This is what I get for my lens. The Hoya General UV Filter 52mm. The filter is crystal clear but not comparable to Hoya Pro1D type, which cost almost double. I noticed my photos do look better with the lens on, but importantly it doest what it's designed for, protection! I should try out the Pro1D next time =)


This is how it looks like when coupled to my AF Nikkor 50mm 1.8D lens. Like the word "Made in Japan", feels high class and the classic bold wording definitely add class to my already classic lens.


A clearer look on the filter quality. It is actually colourless but probably due to reflection. This is the 1st layer of protection to whatever you got behind the filter. Cheap protection for expensive lens. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment